Honda Australia has increased its service costs by almost 60 per cent for contracts signed after October 1, 2022.
The Honda Genuine Servicing program caps the first five scheduled services at an advertised price. Previously that figure has been a super sharp $125 (1 July 2021 to 30 September 2022), but the brand recently introduced a revised $199 figure for orders signed from the beginning of October.
While a $74 increase doesn’t sound like much in the big scheme of things, that represents a mark up of 59.2 per cent as well as an extra $370 over five years.
It also means Honda is no longer head and shoulders above the competition in terms of ongoing maintenance costs, now pretty much neck-and-neck with the likes of Toyota, which depending on model line quotes around $200 for the first five scheduled services.
Honda Genuine Servicing covers all new Honda models, meaning you’ll pay the same price for servicing across everything from the HR-V and Civic to the CR-V and Accord.
A standard service includes:
- Replace engine oil (& oil filter every 12 months)
- Test electronic operating systems, in accordance with Honda’s diagnostic procedures
- Inspect tie rod ends, steering gearbox & boots
- Inspect suspension components
- Inspect drive shaft boots
- Inspect brake hoses & lines (including VSA)
- Check fluid & lubricant levels & condition
- Inspect fuel tank, lines & connections
- Check horn & wiper operation, wiper condition
- Inspect tyre condition & rotate tyres as needed
- Check the operation of the headlights, tail lights, indicators, reversing lights & brake lights
- Inspect front & rear brakes
- Inspect exhaust system
- A test-drive to assess noise, stability & dashboard operation
- Replace items such as brake fluid & air filter (when applicable or when required by the manufacturers schedule)
A spokesperson for Honda Australia told CarExpert: “A recent review of Honda’s service pricing has resulted in some changes to the existing pricing structure; however, the new pricing still represents an industry leading service offer that provides great value to new Honda customers”.